Tooth decay is quite painful, resulting into regular visits to dentists for tooth fillings and root canals. When plaque gets combined with the starch present in the food we eat, it gives rise to tooth cavity. This acidic combination leads to tooth decay. Save your pearl whites from decay following some easy and effective tips.
· New Line Smile Network suggests brushing and flossing as the two most effective processes to prevent tooth cavity. Grow a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day, which provides the best prevention from tooth decay.
· Maintain a good dental health by adding proper nutrition to your diet. Limit the sugary drinks and eat nutritional snacks to prevent the accumulation of plaque, which further results into tooth cavity.
· Visiting your dentist regularly for check ups and cleanings is a must to maintain a proper oral hygiene. Getting a cleaning every six month can prevent your teeth and bones supporting your mouth from decay.
· New Line Smile Network defines dental sealants as a must to prevent tooth cavity. Have them placed to shield your teeth against plaque and bacteria. Though, they are quite common in children due to the growth of permanent teeth yet, sealants are beneficial for adults too.
· Using a moth rinse and chewing sugarless gum can effectively prevent the tooth from decay. There are various antimicrobial mouth rinses available in the market to help you maintain oral hygiene. Sugarless gums can increases the saliva content in your mouth preventing the accumulation of plaque and bacteria.